Friday, February 20, 2009

Oatmeal Brownie Cookies


So I thought I would start off with something sweet and chocolaty. I saw a recipie where you took refrigerated brownies and mixed them with oatmeal to make cookies. I thought it would be fun to make them with a brownie mix instead and this is what I came up with.
Oatmeal Brownie Cookies
1 pkg. brownie mix (13x9 inch size)
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
powdered sugar for garnish
Make the brownies by following the directions on the package and using the 3 egg method for more cake like brownies. Mix in the oatmeal, flour and chocolate chips. If the batter is still too runny add a little more oatmeal until thick enough for cookies. Drop by heaping Tablespoons onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Let stand on cookie sheet for a minute before removing to cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm. Enjoy!
They were not as sweet as I thought they were going to be so that is where the powdered sugar comes in. You could even roll them in it before baking for an all around sweetness.

3 comments:

  1. i think it is a great idea. my sister in law has one too. it is on my blog list if you want to check it out. i think it sats jessie;s recipes or something like that. anyway thanks for being willing to share all your yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. If you decide you would like others to post recipes on this blog let me know...My friends have a photography blog that a group of invited people people can post ideas on and we learn a lot from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have tons of yummy looking recipes on here! I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Food For Thought