Thursday, April 30, 2009

Almond Creme Puffs

I know it has been forever since I posted something new, but life gets so busy that there is not enough time for all the things I want to do. Anyway these are my husbands favorite desert. He loves the almond flavor and the chocolate on top. The pink frosting was something fun that I decided to add. That was my daughters favorite part and it was pink just for her. I made these for our anniversary just for him and he was suprised and very happy when he got home from work. I have had this recipie for a very long time and I think it came from an insert that was with a magazine I recieved. I just can't remeber which one. It is a favorite of ours and I hope you enjoy!


Almond Creme Puffs

Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large saucepan bring the following to a boil:
1 Cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. salt
All at once add 1 cup flour and stir until smooth ball forms. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Add 4 eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg. Beat until smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Watch closely the last few minutes becase they can brown very quickly.
When you remove them from the oven immediatly cut a slit in the side of each puff. This is so that they will not get sticky inside. Cool.

In a large bowl add:
1 1/2 cups milk
small instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp. almond extract Mix for 1 minute and chill for 5.

Whip 1 cup cream and fold into pudding mixture. Cut each puff almost in half and fill with pudding mixture.

For topping microwave until melted:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp. milk
Drizzle over puffs. (I ususally double this part)

2 comments:

  1. They look adorable! What a nice treat for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Content. Thanks for such articles. Turmeric

    ReplyDelete

Food For Thought