Monday, May 4, 2009

Peanut Butter Bars

These are so easy and delicious! This is definitely my favorite peanut butter bar recipe. My sister gave me this recipe a few years ago and we love it. I made these for my husband to take to a BBQ they had at work. They make a lot! Or at least more than my little family can eat, or should eat. I did have to keep a few for us. They also have oatmeal in them, which I just love. I would add it to everything if I could. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Bars
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. water
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Chocolate Frosting (recipe follows)
In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars and water. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
Spread into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely. Frost with chocolate recipe and cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and cocoa. Add vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Beat to combine. Continue beating and adding milk until frosting is a spreading consistency. Spread onto completely cooled bars.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your food blog! Looooovvve it!!!
    Thanks for sharing your Fab-u-lous recipes!
    -Erika
    www.erikathecookingqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Food For Thought