Monday, May 11, 2009

Golden Grahams Smores

I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. I was lucky enough to get to spend it with my mother, my husband and my kids. It was a wonderful day and I hope yours was great too!
Where has this recipe been all my life! It is so fast , nummy and easy to put together and those are my favorite kinds of recipes. I got this recipie from my church newsletter and just had to give them a try. I have never heard of these before but apparently everyone else has! My husband was shocked that I have never had them before and my mom and sister have had them too. So most of you out there have probably tasted these before but they are new to me and I loved them. It seriously took me a total of 10 minutes to make these. I did make a few changes and I liked how they turned out. The picture is not the greatest sorry! Have a great day!

Golden Grahams Smores

3/4 cup light corn syrup
3 Tbsp. butter
1 package milk chocolate chips… I used semi-sweet
1 tsp. vanilla
1 12.oz. package golden grahams… 8 1/2 cups (I used 16 oz. package)
3 cups mini marshmallows… I used 4 or more cups

Grease 9 x 13 inch pan. Heat syrup, butter and chips to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal in large bowl, toss until coated. Fold in marshmallows, 1 cup at a time. Press into pan with buttered hands or spoon. Let stand 1 hour. Cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

1 comment:

Food For Thought