Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Lately I have been craving oatmeal in every shape and form! I had some old bananas that I was about to throw away and was trying to think of a way to use them. There is always banana bread or bars, but I wanted something different. And here is the recipie that I came up with using oatmeal and bananas!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup butter… softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas… mashed
1 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
4 Tbsp. wheat germ
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Beat softened butter; add sugar and beat well. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Mix all the dry ingredients together and add gradually to the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. Makes 3 dozen.

They are fluffy, light and not too sweet. I am very happy with how they turned out. Sometimes I get carried away with the wheat flour and oatmeal, but these are great tasting and my family has no idea that they are semi good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food For Thought