Sunday, March 1, 2009

World's Best Bran Muffins

I love bran muffins and have always wanted a nummy recipie. Mimi's Cafe makes the best honey bran muffin I have ever tasted, and I have to get one whenever we go. I found this recipie in Lady's Home Journal magazine, and I couldn't wait to try it out. This recipie is really tasty and my whole family likes them. It is not quite as good as Mimi's Cafe muffin but we all love them and they are healthier than most other muffins.

Worlds Best Bran Muffin
Yield: 18 muffins

2 1/4 cups All-Bran cereal
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter… melted
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups low-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
2 tsp. vanilla extract
raw sugar crystals… optional

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, finely grind half of the cereal. Add craisins and blend until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to bowl with remaining cereal, flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Combine butter, eggs, yogurt, molasses and vanilla. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
3. Line muffin tin with baking cups; fill each just more than halfway. Sprinkle generously with sugar crystals, if desired. Bake until muffins spring back when touched, about 18 minutes. Remove from tin and allow to cool slightly.
4. You can store remaining batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

I use a large muffin pan and still bake them for only 18 minutes and they have always turned out great.

3 comments:

  1. I tried the muffins and everyone loved them including Carter thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you guys liked them! I thought they were pretty tasty and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good Muffin and even better with a cup of expresso :)

    ReplyDelete

Food For Thought